I’m running around and shooting photos at different events so I thought I’d do a brief on last night’s Invicta FC 10 event.
Invicta Fighting Championships set the mixed martial arts world on fire with several impressive bouts. Here are just some of my thoughts on the event.
- Alexa Grasso looked great in her fight against Alida Gray. Grasso is still at a perfect 6-0.
- Roxanne Modafferi continues to improve. She had an impressive fight against Andrea “KGB” Lee, who took the bout on two weeks notice.
- DeAnna Bennett put on another impressive performance inside of the Invicta cage after she beat Jennifer Maia. It was a close bout but the “Argentine Assassin” scored the decision.
- Herica Tiburcio shocked sports fans after she submitted Michelle Waterson to capture the Invicta FC atomweight crown. She matched “The Karate Hottie” grappling and managed to cause some damage. One interesting thing I noted was at the end of the first round. Waterson looked light a badass with her closed eye but Tiburcio looked so calm.
- Despite the loss, I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw Waterson compete in the UFC.